Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
spyke_lee
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
spyke_lee

Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Empty
PostSubject: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

So after long consideration, I have decided to resign as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers. I have sort of mixed feeling about it, but no bad feelings towards any of you personally. I think most of you are pretty cool guys, even though i havnt played with the majority of you, which is part of my resignation.

It seems like this clan grew too fast for its own good. Which i sort of anticipated at the beginning, but tried to stop, with no success.

It seems that people are getting accepted into the clan without having played a single game with us. It seems the only requirement to join Soul Reapers is to simply apply. With no probation period, try outs or anything. Thus, things have gotten out of hand.

People are unorganized. In lots of cases it confuses me what members are thinking and doing. I have been in a number of games, when people keep saying over the MIC "lets get together guys" "lets get organized and take this over" while the whole time running the opposite direction.

The most notable for me was when I was squad leader during a game of domination. We were parachuting in trying to take the final complex. We were having trouble getting up the middle, because everyone was wildly throwing grenades and just spraying bullets, from both sides, VALOR and SVER. I had all but given up trying to give directions and orders because no one was listening, even our own clan members. (i think there were maybe 4 or 5 of us) I went temporarily rogue to try to find a way to flank and get into the building. I FOUND IT! I announced over the MIC i had found a back way in that was unguarded, and set a way point for people to gather. No one came. I left the way point up the rest of the game, still no one came... Our own members were on the MIC telling people to meet up there, and were themselves running the opposite direction. We lost. I don't understand this.

It seems like everyone thinks they are squad leader, just because they have the higher in-game level, and the game designates them leader. So while you may be the one that controls the way points and air strikes and such, I would presume you would take your orders as to WHEN and WHERE from th ranking member. I would defer this to mex or prodigy at any time. It seems like our clan ranking system is ignored for the most part in-game.

On numerous occasions I have seen multiple members online, but do not accept invites, or send them. I understand that when you are in a game you dont get the invite until you are out of the game. But when someone sends you a message over PSN that says something about a group or party, you would be expected to join your fellow clan mates. ITs the entire reason you are in a clan, If you dont want to leave the game you are in to play another game with your clan mates, then you dont need to be in a clan.

Letting too many people in too fast, with no limitations is a key reason most of the above problems take place. People just get thrown in without knowing what the clan is doing, what our play style is, whos in charge, when they can catch the most people online, etc.

We as a clan let too many people in too fast and we dont know if they are a team player, if they just whine and complain on the MIC (we have a handful of whiners here, I wont mention names). I dont mean like getting into the moment and saying "oh damn" when you get killed, I mean full out 13-year old girl whining about how bad the game is, or how frustrated they are. Suck it up.

I have seen people online in MAG that other clan members say "i have no clue who that is" and they got accepted just because they applied.

I am sorry guys, I think for the most part, you are good players and good enough people, but no one will work together. Its like everyone will only work together if THEY are in charge....everyone is trying to give direction, but not take them. And no seems to know who half the people here are either. There is no unity here. There is no team work here. Im so tired of hearing people say "im just gonna hang back and snipe, try to get some kills" when we are ATTACKING...WTF NOOB! Sniping is for defending. Another thing that bugs me is when i run past half a squad laying on the ground trying to snipe FROM THE SAME SPOT!!

I hope to still get to play with some of you at some point.

In all honesty I will probably be starting my own clan at some point, if i can get some other team-work oriented guys together, there doesn't seem to be too many of them right now, and i don't understand why, since mag REQUIRES it.

So, I am stepping down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers.

-spyke_lee
Back to top Go down
chris11193

chris11193

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:09 pm

im sorry to hear that. i hope you will still stay in the clan, cause i thin youre a great leader.

i havent been playing so many times with the clan yet, but the games i have been in was good, and there was lot of team work, and i think that there are many that are very good at team work, but i havent been playing with all yet.
Back to top Go down
spyke_lee
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
spyke_lee

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:15 pm

im not sure who you've played with, but i have only been in maybe 3 some what "organized" games.
Back to top Go down
chris11193

chris11193

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 pm

as i said i have not been playing with so many yet, but i have been playing with you, warpigz, mexgamer, one prodigy and nomercy and some more, and they have all been very organized. of course that is because most of them are the highest ranked in the clan.
Back to top Go down
spyke_lee
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
spyke_lee

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 pm

yes chris, that is a big part of the problem. that the only people who actually try to get some team work going are higher ups. everyone else ignores orders, and tries to tell everyone else where to go.

and between me, mex, and prodigy, i would say im on more. but idk, since not everyone is in the same TZ.

But i think ive played with prodigy maybe twice. havnt seen him wiht his MIC on yet. thats very bad for a clan leader, if you plan to be a clan leader, you have to be VERY active, and vocal. you know..."leading"

I have yet to play with mex. i think i saw him on once...but we didnt end up in a party together.

It appears my multiple cries to unify fell on deaf ears. I would love to be able to whipe this clan into shape, and actually make it resemble a "clan". But even as Lieutenant General i dont have the authority even to admit or deny new members. Or change how the clan approaches its game play or structure. Which right now, i dont even think we HAVE a game plan, other than run around...

I will return to this post periodically over the weekend to answer any of your questions about this, but unless like half the clan gets booted, and left with only the members who are active and are genuine team players, then i cant see myself returning.
Back to top Go down
spyke_lee
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
spyke_lee

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

oh yea.... i will be taking down the banner at the top, and i will also be removing the Media Room.

I dont let my photoshop and video work just float around wherever. I like to protect what is mine, and what i put time and effort into. sorry nothing personal at all, just business on that one.

I will not change the layout or structure of the forums back to before i got here. I will leave them as is.

I will also leave the Avatars i made for each rank here.

Last edited by spyke_lee on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nomercy0437
Colonel
Colonel
Nomercy0437

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Man I really hate to see you go! You have been a really vital part of this clan and I think these issues can be solved over time with a little paitence if you would stick around.
Back to top Go down
chris11193

chris11193

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 pm

i think you should listen to nomercy, i mean if you ask people a lot of them would want you to stay. and maybe we can get some more teamwork to this clan, maybe you should speak with one_prodigy or mex about, so we can get some tryouts for the new members
Back to top Go down
spyke_lee
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
spyke_lee

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

back when mag first came out and everyone started playing together, it was crazy unorganized. we had a clan discussion about this. you can still find the thread somewhere.

thats what i meant by already trying to help solve these problems, but still no one does their part.
Back to top Go down
mexgamer
General
General
mexgamer

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I´m very sad to read this, please stay as a Lieutenant General, we really need your help to make things go in the right direction again.
I understand everything you said, but if we work together we can make things better. We need everybody´s help. If you decide to stay as a Lieutenant General I´ll let you accept of deny applications, make promotions, etc. I had to do that anyway, I can´t do it all by myself. Things will change from now on, I beg you to stay as a Lieutenant General, I might also choose new officers to help us out, becuase we can´t do this all by ourselves.
I ask everybody to be patient, just wait a week to see how things go on, but trust me, it will get better.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers   Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stepping Down as Lieutenant General of Soul Reapers
Page 1 of 1