Military Units

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mexgamer
General
General
mexgamer

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 am

As you guys know we have squads, platoons and companies in MAG, but are those the real numbers? Are there more units?
I knew about the "Chain of Command" and "Military Units" beforehand, but I did some research to find out the amount of personnel in each Unit and the rank of the leader.
So here you go:

UNIT / PERSONNEL / COMPOSED OF... / LEADER

Fireteam / 4-5 / --- / Corporal
Squadron / 8-10 / 2+ fireteams / Staff Sergeant (Featured in MAG)
Platoon / 25-50 / 2-4 squadrons / Second Lieutenant or Sergeant First Class (MAG)
Company / 75-200 / 3-4 platoons / Captain or Major (MAG)
Battalion / 300-1200 / 3-5 companies / Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel
Brigade / 2500-4000 / 2-5 Battalions / Brigadier General
Division / 10000-30000 / 2+ Brigades / Major General
Corps / 20000-60000 / 2-4+ Divisions / Lieutenant General
Army / 60000+ / 2+ Corps / General
Group of armies / 100000+ / 2+ Armies / General or General of the army?
Theater of operations / 200000+ / 2+ Groups of armies / General of the army----> This would only be used during war times, because it involves armies from other countries, a 5 STAR GENERAL or General of the Army is only designated in war time; example: During the WWII, the allies (USA, Canada, England, etc) stormed the beach in Normandy, the 5 star General was Dwight Eisenhower (spelling?) commanding not only the USA forces but all the other too.

mexgamer
General
General
mexgamer

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am

I expect to see batallions in MAG 2
256 vs 256
2 companies of 128 for each team
Total of 512 players, that would be awesome.

mexgamer
General
General
mexgamer

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 am

I just got a crazy game idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if there were not only batallions but armies, even a theater of operations, this would not work as MAG, but like Warcraft (i think)
Millions of people play MAG but not all at the same time in one game, what if this game was like a war, I mean, no maps, only just one BIG map, (Operation Flashpoint 2? could be twice that size) No matches or games, just one game that would last forever; when you joined you would be designated to lets say a Corp, along 60,000 people, and you would be in a certain division, brigade, battalion, company, platoon and finally squadron, depending on the people who are on at that moment. And there would be other 4 corps to make one army, each corp would be designated to some part of the map, when you connected, you would join a battle that started since the first day of the release, there could be little or a lot of action going on, depending on your position, you would have to complete objectives in order to push the enemy backwards, have real bases in the big map, if they are destroyed or taken, the enemy would not be able to respawn there (the entire division) and would have to push back, and that new base would be a respawn point for people conecting. There would be tanks, helicopters, APCs, etc. Thousands of people playing at the same time.
That would be a very awesome game, the General of the army would have a type of board where he could mark objectives within a certain area for his armies, and then the generals would mark objectives for the corps, and the lieutenant generals would mark objectives for the divisions, and the major generals would mark objectives to the brigades and so on!!! If a leader leave the next in line would get the leadership, and the war would never stop, the map would be an extremly big open world (Like the one on Operation Flashpoint 2, like i already said)
What do you thing? Name of the game... WAR? I dont know, but it should excist!!!
I think Warcraft is something like that right? just that everybody fights for his own, and there are no leaders, but one same map everybody at the same time.

Skap3g0at-
Corporal
Corporal

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:59 am

They're actually coming out with a game like that..."The Agency" is supposed to be something like that, supposed to be a few agencies taking place, inciting battles across the entire globe. No matches, only MMO in realtime I suppose, kind of like APB for PC.
Back to top Go down
mexgamer
General
General
mexgamer

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh yeah I have heard about it, but it is more of an spy game right?

Sponsored content

Military Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Units   Military Units Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Units
Page 1 of 1